Saturday 24 August 2013

Henri Rousseau




For now I’m still going with the ‘walk on the wild side’ theme. Henri Rousseau’s paintings are always on the wild side and today; instead of the usual jungle scenes with animals, I’ve gone for the ones with people. The people in his paintings really do ‘walk on the wild side’.


 


Henri Julien Félix Rousseau  May 21, 1844 – September 2, 1910 was a self taught French Post-Impressionist painter who painted in the  Primitive style. 




He was also known as Le Douanier (the customs officer), a humorous description of his occupation as a toll collector. Another artist whose work was ridiculed during his lifetime, he came to be recognized as a self-taught genius whose works are of high artistic quality.
Read about him here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Rousseau


2 comments:

  1. this collection was really different-I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, I really like his work its just that bit different.these last few art sundsy posts mean that I now have all my blogster stuff over here. :-)

      Delete