Saturday 24 August 2013

Lesley Mclaren, Scottish artist.



( first posted on Blogger in April)

 This artist looked very familiar to me. I couldn’t remember if I posted her work before, and then I decided I liked it so much I’d post it any way even if I had posted on her before. Her subject matter is (as you know) close to my own heart, it’s The Scottish landscape in all its glory with the added bonus of little animals and birds dotted around.. I could happily hang any of these on my wall.





Following information from here





  
Scottish Art and Artists at Red Rag Gallery

Artist: Lesley McLAREN



Lesley McLaren was born in Glasgow in 1959. She attended Exeter College of Art achieving a BA(hons) in painting.




Inspiration for Lesley McLaren contemporary paintings comes from the Scottish countryside. Whilst travelling Lesley collects images in her sketch book and on camera. Back in the studio she seeks to recreate the essence and drama of beautiful Scottish countryside. 

The result is superb paintings reflecting memories and feelings, where Lesley has often allowed the more dramatic elements of a scene to develop through the language of paint. The finished painting is a little like the end of a little journey. She describes every painting as "the creation of an exciting new world - one which journeys on from reality" Her own web site isn here












No comments:

Post a Comment