Saturday 24 August 2013

Summer, Poem by Robert L Stevenson, Paintings by Matisse



In the middle of all this glorious weather I have to post about …. SUMMER. And because I liked doing the poem plus painting thing last week, I’m going to do it all over again this week.

The poem is
The Summer Sun Shone Round Me
by
Robert Louis Stevenson


above; landsape at collioure

THE summer sun shone round me,
The folded valley lay
In a stream of sun and odour,
That sultry summer day.

above; le bonheur vivre

The tall trees stood in the sunlight
As still as still could be,
But the deep grass sighed and rustled
And bowed and beckoned me.

above; les toils cullioure

The deep grass moved and whispered
And bowed and brushed my face.
It whispered in the sunshine:
"The winter comes apace."




 above; luxe calme et volupte


 above; out of the window



The paintings are by Matisse; 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Matisse

Henri-Émile-Benoît Matisse; 31 December 1869 – 3 November 1954. A French artist, known for his use of colour and his fluid and original draughtsmanship. He was a draughtsman, printmaker, and sculptor, but is known primarily as a painter.



No comments:

Post a Comment